To make sure your appointment goes smoothly from the start, read through our policies and fill out any needed forms before you come in. If you have any questions, call us at 215-657-6776.
Referrals for Your Appointment
Many health plans require a referral before a specialist can see you. Check with your health insurance company to see if you need one before you schedule your appointment.
If you need a referral, call your primary care doctor’s office and have the following information ready:
- Your name and date of birth
- Daytime phone number
- Name of insurance & ID number
- Name of specialist / facility
- Reason for specialist visit
Make sure your referral is sent to us (or you can bring a paper copy) before your appointment.
IMPORTANT: Our rheumatologists and nurse practitioners cannot see you if you don’t have the completed referral.
Arriving for Your Appointment
- Please come in 30 minutes before your scheduled time.
- Check in with our front desk team. Tell them your name and provide any insurance information, referral (if not electronic), lab results or imaging studies.
- Pay your insurance copay amount.
If you need to cancel an appointment, call us at least 24 hours before your appointment or we will have to bill you for a visit anyway.
If you call at least 48 hours before your appointment, we can let another patient use that appointment slot in your place, so you won’t be billed.
See our Health Insurance page for more information on referrals, copays, claims and health plans we accept.