PHILOSOPHY TOWARD PATIENTS
“My philosophy toward patients has been and always will be to view the patient as an individual and not an illness. There are so many factors that affect an individual’s health that focusing on one part does not promote understanding, communication, trust or optimal outcomes. My role as nurse practitioner is to facilitate understanding of the plan of care, support the patient for their individual treatment and to advocate patient independence for their own care when possible.”
- Wendy came to Rheumatology Specialty Center in 2008 with seven years’ experience specializing in family practice and 2 1/2 years of chronic disease management as a nurse practitioner.
- Has authority to issue prescriptions in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Bachelor of Science, Widener University School of Nursing in Chester, PA (Summa Cum Laude).
- Master of Science degree in nursing and as an adult nurse practitioner, LaSalle University Graduate School of Nursing in Philadelphia, PA.
- Post Master’s graduate degree in family nurse practitioner from LaSalle University Graduate School of Nursing in Philadelphia, PA.